Here goes my first attempt at writing :
It was the last service that Dr.Bill Anderson (interim pastor) would preach before the new pastor would arrive at First Baptist church. This was either in May or June. As I sat there in the pew w/my husband listening to the sermon God spoke to me saying "This is not your church home." I fought back.."how can this be? I haven't even heard the new pastor speak?" The more I fought the louder He spoke..."Discuss this w/your husband." I waited anxiously for service to be over. As my foot stepped into the car I asked Scott if he would like to try another church (Lamar baptist, that is where our neighbor is the pastor.) Scott's reply was "I always wanted to go there, but I didn't think you wanted to." WOW! The Lord was speaking to me, it wasn't my imagination!
I looked forward to that first Sunday at Lamar baptist. That Saturday night I listened to a sermon by.....Paul Washer (thank you Jesus! ...he helped me remember his name just now.) He was talking about "love" and when Christians have Christ in their life that love overflows to everyone they meet. I thought to myself.."I have never experienced such an overflow of flow from Christians."
So Sunday came and we headed off to Lamar church. As we stepped out of the car I told Scott that Mark would be our determining factor, he would have to be happy here.
Before entering thru the church doors we were greeted by a man holding a basket full of candy...BOY..did this make Mark happy. :) Mark went right into his classroom and started playing (my next door neighbors kids were in there too.) As Scott and I walked in to take our seats we were welcomed by soo many members. Hugs and handshakes were all around. "So this is that "love" that I heard about just the night before"
Now the music was not as up-beat as I am used to but it's not about me it's about HIM! Pastor Mike is an awesome pastor, Scott and I really enjoy listening to him.
Since going to this church I have gone alone on the days that Scott is working and I have been attending Sunday school for the very first time. I look forward to each Sunday and I look forward to joining the church very soon w/my husband.
At First Baptist I felt pressured to joining the church and if I joined I would have to volunteer
to do Child care, I hardened my heart to this idea and refused to join a church. Since then, the Lord guided us to a new church and has opened by heart to do HIS will and not the will of men. Praise God.
Holy Father, may I be like Abraham and always follow YOU wherever YOU want me to go.
-----comments are welcomed. Let me know how I did on my first writing attempt------------
3 comments:
You did awesome! Of course I have to be excited your coming to my church too! Can't wait till you and your family become part of Lamar. Sorry you have to come alone the next couple of weeks, but your family is there waiting to show you that LOVE! awesome post!
AWESOME! Go God and go Alena for listening
Thanks for sharing Alena, that was encouraging to me! :) Kimberly
Post a Comment