Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Update

Well, as of now we still have not welcomed baby Matthew into the world.
I had the pleasure of having another co-worker work Wednesday afternoon for me, that left me to do some shopping. I went to Kohl's and Ross where I spent a good amount of time just walking around. After my shopping fiasco I went to pick up Mark from school, we came home, swung on the swing, played in the front yard w/our neighbors...and then out of nowhere I started having labor pains! Now I have had contractions here and there but these were 2 min. apart! So I called my lovely husband at work and had him come home immediately to take me to the hospital. So, I had my bags semi-packed, but I didn't even think about having a bag ready for Mark. So, I quickly gathered up a few clothes and essentials for Mark because he was going to spend the night at my boss' house.
So, we get to the hospital, they ask us hundreds of questions and then they hook me up to the monitors, my contractions are every 2 min but they are not intense and I am not dilated at all! So, here comes the fun part...they have us walk around the labor area for 1hour! Now it's already 8pm (my bedtime.) After walking for the hour they check me and hook me up to the monitor...again, no progress but the contractions are getting stronger....so we get to walk around for another hour! I get checked again and hooked up to the monitor...now I am 1cm and the contractions are still 2 min. apart and off the charts strong, so what do they do? Yup! I get sent home! So I continue to have these contractions till 4am, (took LOTS of Tylenol.)
Friday was my Dr.'s apt and as of that day I am 2cm along! Yay!
So, we are just patiently waiting now, not trying to speed anything up.
Please keep me in prayer for a non-complicated delivery..speedy one too (but not too speedy....Mark took only 3hrs.) I want there to be enough time for me to get the epidural. :)

No comments: